Learn about what's going on in the Soltane community! Scroll down to browse community happenings by section: Parzival, Camphill Soltane, Camphill Soltane Foundation, Soltane Association, and General.
- Please welcome Adam Lichtenstein as a part time direct support staff!
Training & Working Updates
- Welcome to Parzival’s new short-term volunteer for Arts & Crafts, Christina Gonzales!
- If you are interested in volunteering with Parzival or know someone who is, please have them contact Kelsey Schwenk.
- Nantmeal Nursery is looking for volunteers! Join us in our beautiful greenhouse, get your hands dirty, work alongside wonderful people, and support Nantmeal Nursery! We're looking for help Monday, Wednesday & Friday afternoons from 1-3:30. Interested? Get in touch: email@example.com.
- The Soltane Store has officially changed its name to Entwine! Entwine sells beautiful lifestyle products, handcrafted by local and fair trade artisans, with a focus on our handwoven fabrics and products. Entwine offers integrated, professional internships tailored to developing the talents of people with diverse abilities, teaching skills for future employment in weaving, textile design, and retail. Visit us at 164 Bridge St, 10am-7pm Thursday-Saturday!
Soltane Hospitality Dates to Note:
- August 18-19: August 18-19: Hosting Caesura, a weekend retreat and celebration of local poetry, on Soltane’s Glenmoore estate and at Community Arts Phoenixivlle. Learn more here!
- September 2: Event in Whitsun Hall
- September 22: Event in Whitsun Hall; a wedding, including some overnights.
- September 27-October 10th: Cate Clother will be visiting.
- October: Peter Thompson in Iduna apartment, joined by Geoff and Alyssa, using Iduna Kitchen 10/13.
- November 2 - 5: Camphill Academy Retreat - Peredur/Roseroom
Camphill soltane foundation
- Please Save-the-Date for our 2018 Above Par Golf event being held at the French Creek Golf Club in Elverson on Monday, October 8, 2018.
- Our goal is 100 golfers this year. Help us meet our goal! If you know any golfers who might want an invitation, let Sue Moore know at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can mail one out. Please provide name and mailing address. Invites can also be sent electronically so if you don’t have a mailing address please provide an email address. Tickets are $250.00 again this year, with $100 being tax deductible. Help us make this the best year yet!
Our guiding thought:
"...in directing my will and my concern vigorously to the emergence of the higher self in the other, I could rest assured that they would in turn do for me what I could not do for myself, that is, summon forth my own higher potential; because we cannot summon ourselves, we have to be summoned. All human development is a response to challenge. The love that can accrue in communities in which all this becomes a practice, a discipline, is a magic love that can move mountains." -Anke Weihs, founding member of Camphill
- If you are interested in learning about the Soltane Association or would like to get involved you can contact any one of the Core Group members: Sabine, Adam, Kristen, Rachel, Thalia, Patrick, Danielle, Courtney V, Alyssa, or Adrian.
- Regular Core Group meetings happen every other Wednesday 12:10-1pm in the Conference room. These meetings are open to interested people. Current topics include: Soltane’s 30th anniversary celebration; hearing from the committees; hearing about the preparation for our next strategic plan, CANA (Camphill Association of North America).
- The Estate Committee is now chaired by co-chairs: Courtney Viera (plus assistant Jenn Messa) and Alyssa Scarborough. Dates for future meetings:
- 9/21 at 3:45pm in Glenmoore
- 9/22 at 10am at Soltane Cafe
- 10/19 at 3:45pm in Glenmoore
- 10/20 at 10am at Soltane Cafe
- The Housing Committee is now chaired by co-chairs: Thalia Dafermos and Patrick Spatz. Meetings happen Tuesdays at 5pm. Check with Thalia or Patrick if you are interested. Neighborhood meetings are becoming part of the offerings.
- From the Estate Committee: Wednesday mornings, 8:15 - 9am, the “Applecore” does some work around the estate. Check in with Alyssa.
- Free Yoga on Wednesday evening at 7:30 in the Rose Room with Maggie.
- There will be an Arts and Culture Committee meeting on Thursday 8/16, 4pm at CAP.
Our Mission/Vision/Values Statement:
The Association envisions a world where people of diverse backgrounds and abilities find commonality to work toward a positive future for the planet. The mission of the Association shall be to cultivate community without borders where people can learn from each other and experience continual growth for the betterment of the world. The Association achieves its mission through:
- Opportunities for transformative lifelong learning and creative endeavor
- Ecological stewardship
- Community-based social enterprises
The values of the Association are:
- Intentional Gladness
- Compassionate Interest
- Acquired Enthusiasm
The founding of the Association is inspired by Anthroposophy and the Camphill Community.
If anything attracts you, contact us at Soltane Association Core Group.
A group led by Adrian is rehearsing Evgeny Schwartz’ Dragon play each Monday at 3:30 in the Rose Room at the Glenmoore Estate. The play is intended to be performed on September 29th in connection with Soltane’s 30th anniversary. Roles are still available! If you would like to join either come on a Monday at 3:30 or contact email@example.com.